Thursday, October 21, 2010

hmmm

So I basically talk runners through their blogs, er I mean I like to read running blogs. I am always amazed at other runner's lives and how they juggle things. I love reading about their struggles and triumphs.. living vicariously through them. The recaps on marathons! It gives me so much motivation to get out there and run more. Today on my run my running partner/friend Mel mentioned she was reading about a girl running 50 marathons in 50 states, finishing with Boston. Well as soon as I got home and showered (and dropped G off at school) I searched online and found her. Shero! So my first thought is I want abs like that! Second thought.... Wow! I want to run a marathon. Third thought.... how the hell do you afford to run all of those marathons? OK OK I know this is NONE of my business, but I can't help but wonder. I mean my life is crazy different from her life. I'm 35 with 4 kids and a fiance. Then that started me thinking about other blogs I have stumbled upon. Some people seem to get sponsored to run and blog. So I was talking to Uptown the other day and told him it was his mission to find someone to pay me to run. I think about this a lot and I would love to get paid to run. Now I haven't even been running a year, but I LOVE it. I can't imagine NOT doing it. I love to exercise. I love motivating other people to exercise. I have entertained the thought of becoming a personal trainer, but just haven't done it. I looked into it several years ago. Maybe I should do it again.
So today was a 4 mile run. I woke up feeling a little smug.. thinking "heh 4 miles... I'll be back in time to get a nap before I have to wake G up." My calf muscle was feeling a little tender after the hills yesterday, and the damn toe taps I decided to try.. on ONE leg. I get out of the house and as I am leaving my neighborhood I see the moon and it is HUGE! It was so beautiful! I get to our meeting point (late as usual.. sorry Mel) and we cross the street and try to decide which way we want to go. Mel looked at me and I looked at her.... decision was up to me so I said it's only 4 miles let's head south. heh Start with a mile long incline and a calf screaming in protest. We get to the one mile mark and I suggest turning around since the hill just kept going. So we turned around and went down hill for mile two. Mile three I was hurting and walked some. My stomach was gurgling and my calf was mad and it just sucked! We started running again and finished, but I felt crappy. I mean I am glad we did our run, but I wish it was a better quality. Tomorrow is our day off, and then Sat we have 6 miles, then Sun is 10! I am excited to break into the double digit runs!
Off to entertain the girls and start my day.
Have a good one!

1 comment:

  1. I read Steph's blog too. so motivational, but do wonder about how all that can get funded too. She's pretty helpful too when I've had some questions.
    Have you tried a foam roller on your calf? It could just be a tight and that will help and ice.
    Good Luck on the first double digit run this weekend!

    ReplyDelete