Tuesday, March 23, 2010

running C25K

Yesterday I started week 3 of Couch to 5K. It was great! This week was 5 minute warm up (brisk walk) run 90 seconds, brisk walk 90 seconds, run 3 minutes, walk 3 minutes, then do the cycle over again followed by a 5 minute cool down. Before I started I expected to go into it and come out gasping... and I didn't. I could have done more! I would have, except that I was running in a parking lot last night at 8:30 by myself and I didn't like being alone. So I jumped into my car and quickly left. I also downloaded an app for C25K for my phone so that I can listen to music and it will let me know when to run and when to walk. I am excited to try this! I have been neglecting Jillian, and I am afraid of the torture I will have to endure when I hang with her again. The other night I did cardioX and followed it up with Ab ripperX.. um yeah that was awesome!

Uptown and I are in the process of finding a house and buying. Right now we are going through the pre-approval process and it is time consuming and nerve wracking! So if I don't get my workouts in early, then I am having trouble getting them in before I start our financial stuff. SO I feel like I have been a slacker, but I have been doing at least one workout a night. So I guess I am still ok. I think today I will do a set of BFL workouts and if I get out of our meeting in time tonight I'll hang with Jillian.

1 comment:

  1. i love the iphone app for C25K! I haven't run all winter, have to get back to that.

    ReplyDelete