Thursday, February 18, 2010

Making The Cut

So the other day in Target I was browsing the store, just roaming around and thought "OOOOH I am going to look at Bridal magazines" So I walked over to the magazine section and on the way I glanced at a book with a sexy tough looking woman on the front. Now I have never watched The Biggest Loser, so I really didn't know who Jillian Michaels was. I mean I have heard of her, and I have seen her before, but I didn't know she was a bad ass! I picked up the book to see if there were some more exercises that I could do at home without going to a gym. INDEED! So I bought the book
 
That night I got sick.
I didn't get a chance to try out any of the exercises, but I did sit down and start reading it as I moaned about my stomach roiling and rumbling. ugh! Last night I did a BFL lower body workout and added a cross lunge in between each regular lunge. (OWWWW!!!!!!)
Tonight Uptown and I celebrated Valentines Day and went to a Mongolian BBQ place called Genghis Khan. It is our favorite place. I loaded up a big plate and dove in. I had a great glass of shiraz and an iced tea. It was a perfect meal. I had some little lemon square things and then came home and blew it with some ice cream. The first thing I did after I realized I ate way too much ice cream was do laundry.. THEN I went to my Jillian Michaels book and decided I should give it a try.


ummmm

I almost threw up. This is one of the first workouts that has made me feel like I am totally out of shape! Burpy's! um... F*&$ you!

Let me just say...... NOT A FAN! Now I love me some plank pose, but the plank push up kicks my butt every time.. and Jillian tells you right off the bat.. "Girly' push-ups? I don't even want to hear it - toughen up or go buy someone else's book "
SO I decided to actually try to do "plank" push ups. She calls them, yes she.. Jillian.. we are on a first name basis now. That happens when someone kills you and makes you their bitch. Anyway My BFF calls them Close-Grip push ups. I can lower myself down and hold it, but pushing myself back up, is like a whale trying to get into a pair of skinny jeans. all that noise and flopping about! Anyway I fought my way through 5, yeah yeah... then a couple of plank poses with inner thigh raises where I pulled my groin muscleS, then ANOTHER FIVE Close Grip push ups.

I think the lesson for tonight is that Jillian knew I ate ice cream and drank wine and she busted me and I had to pay.. big time!
Tomorrow I am going to do day 2 of her workout. I am a big fan of mixing it up!
If you don't hear from me for awhile Call Jillian....I'll be locked in her gym bag begging for mercy!

No comments:

Post a Comment